Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Haunting

(Sorry, that's really the best title I could come up with for this entry.)

Things haunt me. Come back to my brain when I least expect them, namely the memories of the ultrasound. I remember thinking, this can't be happening...

...missing leg...

...heart protruding...

...organs outside of the body...

...no diaphragm...

...rupture...

I remember my brain screaming, NO, NO, NO!

I remember saying, barely out loud to the ultrasound tech, "Rup...ture?"

I remember Sabra saying "Hush" as I said that...

I remember thinking that shit had gone rodeo for sure and certain, when Sabra asked if they could tell if the baby was a boy or a girl. We've always been diehard Team Green fans.

And all of this is going to haunt me until the day I shuffle off this mortal coil.

No comments:

Post a Comment