Sunday, August 17, 2014

Her little face


Somehow, knowing that Psalm-Angel is a girl has me feeling more connected to her.  It wasn't a piece of information that meant a huge amount to me...until I had it.

Thursday's appointment involved an ultrasound to make sure she's in a position where she can be delivered vaginally.  Though I was told the tech would be the same one who performed my anatomy ultrasound, it was someone different.  This woman was much nicer and gave us three 3D pictures of Psalm-Angel's little face.  She managed to get better photos than the woman at BabyVision, even (though I still think what we got there was amazing).  She seemed surprised by how vigorous the baby is and how much she was moving around.  As always, baby girl is doing just fine as long as she's inside me.

I went into the appointment scared, because I barely felt any movement at all for three days leading up to it.  The morning of, while waiting for Erik to come out of Valero with drinks, I listened to this song on YouTube on his phone, and she gave me a good strong kick, and I nearly cried:




And now, we are back in waiting mode.  The end of the journey is that much closer (and the gestational age on that picture is nearly two weeks off!), and it's going to hurt like fuck, but I'm starting to understand how much this time benefits me.  There is so much I would have missed out on had I gone the usual route.

In other news, one more baby from the support group has been born into God's arms.  No blog to link to this time.  Another girl.

Tuesday is my birthday.  It'll suck; my birthday almost always does.  As long as I don't go into labor on/have the baby on it, though, I'll consider things a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment