Tuesday, July 8, 2014

milestone

Last week I hit 24 weeks.

Usually, this is a happy time for me, as for any pregnant woman.  Twenty-four weeks is viability, meaning that the baby has a greater than 50% chance of living should it be born.

Yeah...

I noticed it.  I always notice it.  It is usually accompanied by a feeling of relief. 

Not this time.  Just more sadness.

The good news is, at my midwife appointment I told Lauren about the ultrasound technician calling someone else in and the two of them loudly discussing what was wrong in front of me, and she was appropriately horrified.  I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but I do want them to know it was insensitive as fuck.  Hopefully they can look in my chart and find out who did the u/s and tell her not to do that again.

1 comment:

  1. Good. That was rude and inconsiderate of them.
    Thinking about you guys and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete