Sunday, February 12, 2017

Exiles


Today, this passage speaks to me:

This is what the LORD says: “You will be in Babylon for seventy years. But then I will come and do for you all the good things I have promised, and I will bring you home again. For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the LORD. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land.”

I have been in exile; I have spent my time mourning (and I still do), but I am looking toward the future when I will be called home again.

(This photo is of Duncan holding Psalm's heartbeat bear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment